Soaring Eagle Scholarship
The Soaring Eagle Scholarship will give rising leaders who are already making a difference with their academic achievements and participation in their community the opportunity to take their education to the next level.
A one-time $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from San Marcos High School or Mission Hills High School based on academics, community service, extracurricular activities and a letter of recommendation.
- Be an alum of San Elijo Elementary School (attended for at least two years)
- Be a graduating senior attending San Marcos High School or Mission Hills High School
- Demonstrate leadership, integrity, drive and citizenship attributes within their community, school and workplace
- Display solid academic performance
- Plan to enroll in a college or school upon graduation to pursue their education beyond high school.*
- *If selected, the scholarship funds will be released upon enrollment confirmation.
- Fill out the online scholarship application
- Submit a personal essay (typewritten, 500 words or less) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on one of the following topics; no AI-generated writing will be accepted:
○ “Be yourself,” Oscar Wilde advised. “Everyone else is taken.” Introduce yourself. We know nobody fits neatly into 500 words or less, but you can provide some suggestions about the type of person you are. Anything goes! Inspire us, impress us or just make us laugh.
○ Briefly elaborate on an activity, organization, class or hobby that has been particularly meaningful to you.
- Mail in one sealed letter of recommendation (letters from relatives will not be accepted) to:
San Elijo Elementary School
ATTN: SEES PTO Secretary
1615 Schoolhouse Way
San Marcos, CA 92078
- Email a copy of your unofficial transcript to email@example.com
The candidate cannot be the recipient of multiple SMUSD elementary school scholarships within the same school year.
Applications and all accompanying materials must be submitted by
February 23, 2024.